like button

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day #25 The Morning Walk to the Car

    On the drive to work, listening to K-Love (a Christian radio station), the morning topic was about the 60 second period that makes or breaks your day.  For married people it is usually the 60 seconds when you first see your spouse after work. If you are happy to see them, listen to them, hug or kiss them, then generally your day will turn out to have been good overall.  If you, however, start off with a “You forgot the trash this morning.”  “When are you going to mow the lawn?” etc then chances are it will be bad. 
     The 60 seconds of my day that are the MOST important to me would be the morning walk to the car.  It’s a bit chilly here in the morning, so I get everything out to the car before waking up my son.  After I get him ready, my son and I get to the door to lock up and get going. I generally carry him to the car since he’s sleepy still.  He puts his arms around me and snuggles his head to my neck.  This is the best part of my day.  If everything else in my day is awful, THIS ALONE will make it all worth while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment