like button

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day #11 Kindness

I've been told that my kindness is the first thing others have noticed about me. Kindness is very important to me. Growing up, I was taught to "be nice," help others, and be like Jesus. 
 
In fact, Jesus is a wonderful example of kindness, the best one actually. No one has done more for mankiond out of pure love, shown through kindness, than he.  After his great example, how can I be so selfish as to NOT give my time to help others? It's not too much to ask for us to let peetty things go without causing a scene/ drama, to hold the door for someone, babysit, smile at someone, call a friend in need, etc.
 
I'm so glad I can see this quality in my son. I know I have already talked a lot about him on here, but I do spend a majority of my time with him. haha We've been watching a little baby girl recently.  Every time she cries he comes running.  If he sees her bottle, he picks it up and tries to feed her.  He pats her back or tummy (like I do to him) to comforrt her.  He even lays down by her as to make her not feel lonely or he holds her hand. I hope he'll always possess this kindness towards others.
 
I'm so happy when others are kind to me.  I get a little lonely and feel left out a lot, lately.  The other day a friend called to invite Dallyn and I to go to the Children's Museum out here. It made my day, really. :) At work he have these 5 gallon jugs of water delivered and if you want to drink it you pay a monthly fee of $3. And today, I was surprised to find out that my boss paid my dues for a couple of months for no other reason but to be nice. It really made me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment