like button

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Positivity

     Lately, the little man has been sick.  Even tho he has his whiny times, He seems to excude this positivity.  Maybe it is because he trusts us to help him get better... maybe it's just his temperment.  I am thankful for his more often than not positive attitude. 
     I don't think most people realize how easily things in life can be turned around with a little positivity.  I used to be soooo negative when I first joined the military.  One day I had a wake up call from a certain SGT.  After that, I had a goal in mind to write a journal entry a day of something nice and positive that I did that day.  The first entries went like this "Said hello and smiled at someone I didn't know.  He looked confused at first, but seemed to smile afterwards."  and "Drove PVT Mcgee to PT with me this morning, tho she is a bit annoying.  It was too cold to let her walk."
     After a few weeks of this, it all became a habit.  I do these things without thinking of them.  I love to see that my soldiers come into my office upset, but leave happier.  I hope that my positivity will continue to spread to my son.  I love that through my actions of helping others and doing things around the house inspire him to do the same.  After all, all we can really do as parents is to be the best example as possible and help our children be the best they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment