like button

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Army Life

     Today, I heard a soldier being corrected for saying he hated the Army.  That was followed by another Non Commissioned Officer saying the reasons why the Army has been good to him... No, I'm not saying I absolutely LOVE the Army or that nothing bad has happened to me b/c of this job! But here are the reasons why I am thankful for my job in the Army:

1. Pays for my college 100%
2. Paid for my vehicle 100%
3. Paid for the prenatal and birthing of my child 100%
4. Paid leave.
5. Specialized training.
6. Opportunites that I'd never have had other wise.
7. Chances to excell based on MY determination (or lack thereof).
8. I have met some GREAT people because of it.
9. I get to shape the lives of junior soldiers and help them through hard times because of my previous experiences.

     Yes, the birth experience with my son was awful... but at least I did not have to pay a huge medical bill. :)  With my bonus, and some personal savings, I paid off my car in a little over 2 years.  I am truly thankful for this job.  It may be hard and not always fun, but no job really is.  In our economy, I'm thankful to have a job at all.  Count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment