like button

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day #41 Family [Part III] Mothers: Bad Dreams

Tonight was the first time my son had a nightmare.  The poor baby was crying in his sleep like he was in pain. I thought he was awake so I pick him up and tried to comfort him.  He just continued to cry.  That’s when I noticed all of his “sleepy but not sleeping” cues weren’t there and he was still asleep. I had to try and wake him up. Poor thing!! But he did wake up and promptly put his little thumb in his mouth and grabbed his little blankie. 
I remember having nightmares as a child. I would wake up to my mom sitting on the edge of my bed twirling my hair behind my ear. That always made me feel better.  When life gets tough, like having a nightmare, we want our mommies to make us feel better. Though, I wasn’t glad that my babe had a nightmare, I am glad that I could help make him feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment