like button

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day #33

I am thankful for Christmas traditions. It has always been a tradition in my family to get ornaments every year.  I love that my mom did this for us and that I have mine.  It's not too common, now a days, to have the brass ornaments that you can engrave your name in... but I find some kind of ornament for my son every Christmas.

Today my son and I made ornaments with his handprint on them.  One for our tree, one for Grammy and one for Grandma. 

The recipe I used was

2 cups flour
1/2 cup of salt
3/4 cup water

 Mixed it up for about 10 minutes and cut it into a circle big enough for his hand. Then stamped his hand in it.  We then made a hole for the ribbon and pricked it with a toothpick (my first two I didn't do this and it bubbled up like pizza dough :( ).  It went in the oven at 300 * degrees for 25-30 minutes. Now if only I had red or green paint...

No comments:

Post a Comment